Friday, April 23, 2010

Early 2nd Round Thoughts

The second round is only about 10 picks in but I wanted to post my early thoughts...

-Koa Misi goes to the team that provides the best fit. In the 3-4, he will be a rushing OLB in the Ware and Merriman mold. Great pick by the Dolphins.

Watch out AFC East, Misi is coming!

-Baltimore Ravens selecting Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas. This player dropped out of the first round and went to a team that will get the most out of his abilities. He will have a chance to learn from Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs and all the other members of the solid Ravens defense.

-Rob Gronkowski to the Patriots. I really don't like this pick, it goes back to my adversion of using a high draft pick on a player that missed the entire previous year. The Patriots have gone from being the best drafting NFL team to league average. Waste of a pick this high.

-Zane Beadles to the Broncos. I am biased, but he will be a solid guard for 10 years in the league.

-I do not understand the "guest" pick announcers, whether they be hall of famers or current players. Add the fact that the analysts continue to talk over each other and offer redundant opinions and the NFL draft may have finally jumped the shark....I will keep watching though, I just am aware of the inferior product.

PREDICTION- Arizona is on the clock, I bet they take Clausen. (Nope!)

No comments: